Monday, February 13, 2012

Synthesizing Synectics...Virtually!

Today is showtime -- the day we present our lesson on Synectics to our colleagues. As I have learned a great deal about the Synectics approach to problem-solving and generating interesting and "fresh" ideas, I feel comfortable with delivering the content of our lesson with, I think, an interesting "hands on" lesson. My nervousness centers around delivering this lesson "virtually" using Wimba (and, hopefully, only having to use Wimba). Reflecting back upon the mere year I have been in the MAITS program, my experiences with technology, as well as many of my colleagues', I might add, gives me reason to pause...and perhaps tremble. You never know -- and cannot control -- when the lights will go out (as they did for our final presentations last year)and the technology stumbles and falls. My experience working with Angela and Sue has been a good and rewarding one. Each of us, I feel, carried our share of the load in preparing for this lesson, and, with a little bit of luck, it should go well! It's a good thing this is a virtual lesson -- you won't see my rabbit's foot and horseshoe and four-lear clover on my computer. Good luck to all the presenters!

No comments:

Post a Comment